Oats have so many benefits that it would be difficult to list all of them. Therefore, we will select only 5 of them to prove that it makes sense to include it in your menu. Oats are rich in nutrients and a source of fiber, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Here are the 5 reasons why you should eat oats.
- You will feel full for a longer time. The long-lasting feeling of satiety is due to the soluble fibers, beta-glucan, which slow down the process of food processing.
- Oats have a low glycemic load. What does this mean? The type of carbohydrates that contain are released slowly. This process helps to avoid sudden changes in blood sugar levels. One more thing – the low glycemic load helps to maintain our energy levels and the risk of growth Type 2 diabetes is lower.
- Oats have a softening and anti-inflammatory effect. These properties of oats are used to relieve itching, dry or irritated skin. You can use it to make a face mask. You can also use oatmeal and put it in a muslin bag, which when put in the tub will act soothingly.
- Oats are good for the heart. Like any high fiber meal, oats can help control the cholesterol level, which, if accumulated above permitted levels, can cause a heart attack.
- Eating oatmeal reduces the risk of colon cancer. The risk of cancer occurs in overweight people who eat unhealthily and have a stagnant lifestyle. According to scientists from the Netherlands and the UK, there is a relation between fiber-rich foods and the reduced risk of colon cancer. According to the study, at every 10 additional grams of fiber, the risk of growth of cancer decreases by 10 percent.
Raw oats are the best way to keep their beneficial properties in greater quantities. Oats are an excellent choice for a healthy breakfast.